Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One year appointment

So we had Tommi's one year appt today and she is doing very well! The dr was happy so again mommy is happy!

She is 19 lbs exactly and 28 and 1/2 inches long. Which puts her between the 10 and 25 percentile in weight and 25 and 50 percentile in height. Which is right on track for her. She is petite but still pretty average!

So the dr advised me to only nurse Tommi in the morning and at night and give her whole cows milk the rest of the day to "teach" her to use a cup. Well I was EXTREMELY confused after the appt b/c I'm not ready to give her whole milk to replace my milk during the day and I don't think she is ready to either. She really seems to enjoy or nursing sessions still. So I'm gonna buck the system (anyone surprised?) and still nurse her and just let her learn to use a cup on her own time. Like my mom said "She will not go to kindergarten not using a cup!" But the greatest thing is...I put a little bit of very watered down juice in Tommi's cup today and she has been drinking pretty well!!! The Lord knows I needed her to esp with summer coming I was super worried. So I will be nursing a bit longer b/c my milk is whole milk! And she eats cheese and yogurt so I know she is getting good vitamins through that. We will eventually go to cows milk probably in the next 6 months sometime but for now we are sticking to our normal routine!

Mom instinct is leading me and I'm trusting it! And since her wonderful daddy is supporting me 100% that helps SO much!

I again say it...TJ and my mom are God sends! They have been the most amazing support system ever! From day one I know who has my back!

No comments: