Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2 year appt

So Tommi had her 2 year appt yesterday. I was a bit concerned on how it would go b/c she had to get a shot and sometimes the drs office just makes her nervous...I don't blame her. So we talked about it all morning...I told her her drs name and how she has had the same dr since she was a baby, etc. Just making it a little more comfortable.

We got there and I had to do some paper work on her development...one of the questions had pictures and I had to ask her to name them...it was a horse, a dog, a bird, a cat, and a man. She had to name them with out saying a pets name, etc. She did it with out a hitch till she got to the man (which was a little picture and not super clear) and I asked her what it was and she said "Jesus!" haha It was great!

They also gave me a paper to say yes or no to testing for signs of Autism. I opted out...my insurance covers the testing but why do that when I'm 100% sure she is not autistic?

The nurse called us back and Tommi had to take off her shoes and stand on the big kid scale. She was so still and did so well! Then we went into the exam room and it was an ocean theme room...Tommi immediately started naming the animals on the walls. The nurse could hardly get a word in with Tommi talking...they laid her down and measured her and she was perfect and still. I was so proud of her...not scared one bit and did everything the nurse asked of her. The nurse went out and Tommi said "come back!" haha She did come back in to do the finger prick to test for lead and iron. Tommi is known for having cold hands so I knew this would be tough. She pricked her and Tommi didn't even flinch...she had to keep working her hand to get blood out of it. I knew it was not comfortable but Tommi could have cared less. As she was doing this I was warming up the other thumb in case she needed to use it. And she did...but this time the blood was flowing well! Yay! Note for next time they have to do this...I will be warming her thumb up in advance so we only have one prick and the blood will come out quick.

After a little waiting the dr came in...and little did I know till she walked in her dr was expecting...this excited Tommi b/c she LOVES to talk about the baby in her belly haha So immediately Tommi started talking to the dr and telling her about everything from the animals on the wall to the baby in her belly to the color of the walls. Dr. Hutton looked at me and said "She has amazing speech...and is really smart" (proud mommy here!!!) So no question she is developing GREAT!

Tommi let her check her out with no fuss at all...even turned her head to let her look in her ears and opened her mouth to let her check out her teeth. I was SO impressed and so glad it went so easy.

She did have to get one shot but the last one till Kindergarten. Tommi was not a fan and said "they hurt me" I told her it was to make sure she doesn't get sick...that helped a bit. But she was happy to leave after that :)

I can't rave enough about how good she was! I am SO proud!

Tommi is 25 3/4 lbs (upper 25%)and 34 1/4 inches tall (upper 50%). Which is perfectly right on track for her!

No comments: