Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reactions...

I want to keep track of the reactions people have to Tommi's name...they always make me laugh.

For all who don't know I have loved the name Tommi for a girl since I was young so this has been a long time coming. Her name actually has nothing to do with her daddy's initials but it is an extra plus. So I have known for a long time that I would have reactions...note why I didn't tell people till she was born.

When people ask her name I usually say Tommi Jolene b/c I think her whole name is pretty but sometimes say just Tommi b/c I like to see if it makes people squirm.

So I either get the "OMG! I love it!" reaction(which I get alot of), speechless reaction, or I get reactions like these...

"Oh that is different." (strange look)
"What is her middle name?"
"Is that her real name?"
"Is she named after someone?"
"Oh wow"


I have had some real bold ones too like...

"You couldn't think of a girls name?!"
"She will go by Jolene when she gets older."
"I'm sure your future boyfriends will call you Jolene." (talking to her)
"I'll just call her Jolene." (Which was only cute when a little girl at a restaurant said it, but have gotten it from adults too)
"I can't call her that, it is boys name."
"It is a girl right?"
"That is weird."

I have also had those who have said they straight up don't like it. Which I either chuckle or tell them "That is why TJ and I named her not you."

I may continuously add to this when I hear really good reactions.

Note: I hate that I even have to explain naming her Tommi b/c well I am proud of her name and put much thought and even prayer into it. She is my Tommi girl and she will be proud of her name one day!

1 comment:

Chasity said...

Hadn't read in a while, I like keeping up with her! I enjoyed reading your blog while your pregnant too.

Just wanted to say about her name: I think it's perfect for you two! When I first heard it I wasn't in love with it. And I thought a lot of it had to do with TJ and the continuing line of Thomas's. But after saying it and hearing it a few mor times, it really grew on me. And if it's a name you love and have loved for a long time, then don't worry about other people's reactions! And she WILL love it! My name is unusual too and I love it. I love being unique, and that's exactly what she is. A precious and unique gift from God to you and TJ- but thanks for sharing her with us from time to time ;-).