Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rice Cereal

So I have put off starting solids b/c according to everything I read babies do not need solids till 6 months. And my pediatrician said most breastfeed babies will not be interested before 6 months. So I have been leaving it up to Tommi to be interested.

The last couple weeks almost every time I eat Tommi wants to be held and grab at all my food. So I thought ok she is 5 and a half months old lets give solids a shot.

I was so excited to put her in her high chair and get everything ready.

I mixed the rice cereal with breast milk so it was familiar to her. Of course it was gross to me, but that is b/c it tasted like breast milk which I'm not a fan of. (Yes, I have tasted my own milk! I was curious!) Anyway, things didn't go as planned. I spooned her a little bit and she made this awful face and spit it all out. We tried a few more times but every time she saw the spoon she made a face!

I guess we just have to keep trying. She doesn't seem to be disgusted by the taste as much as the texture. I hate wasting milk all the time, hopefully she will take to it soon! I may doctor it up with some applesauce to see if that will go over better.

Here are some pictures of our adventure...


All ready in her highchair!


The first bite


After the first bite


Not more mom!

No comments: