Sunday, December 12, 2010

20 months

Seriously? That just sounds weird...

-Tommi loves to "mump" (jump) When I say love I mean LOVE she shows off her talent to everyone. And just randomly jumps all day. She gets some air too.

-Can recognize many animals including...zebra, giraffe, frog, rabbit, elephant, hippo, lion, turkey, deer, bird, otter, penguin, owl, etc. It is very impressive. But she is a full on animal lover!

-Talks up a storm and is doing really well grouping words (sometimes)..."Where's ______?""I want _____"...etc. She really amazes me with her communication skills. If she is thirsty she says "milk"...and goes to the fridge.

-She loves using a tape measure and "mechanicing" on things with a screw driver. But is also VERY much into babies.


-She has a really good memory...she knows big mama, pappy, chase, luke, rooney, dean, and lilly all belong together....and same in TJ's family...mawmaw, pawpaw, bob, and aztec....then sissy, tom, nate, brandon, sam, and cody.

-She also tells me "daddy work pawpaw" every morning. Meaning daddy is at work with pawpaw.

-"Pappy teeth" means pappy works on teeth.

-All "berries" are "boobies" (blueberries)...it cracks us up when she tells us "want boobies"...but she is correct just can't pronounce it right yet.

-She can recognize herself in pictures...even baby ones...it sounds like she is saying "mommy" but it is her version of Tommi

-She is always "ready to go" whenever I start getting dressed she will come ask me "ready to go?"

-I thought she was gonna be stuck on having her elmo and blankie every time we leave the house. But now it is whatever she is interested in at the time...today it was a bucket and tape measure one time then it was a magazine. Elmos(elmo and baby elmo haha) and blankie are musts for bed.

-She is 23 and a half pounds...a light little squirt but she is tall. She is pretty true to size though...24 months or 2T...her waist is little so sometimes the waists are big on skirts but her butt holds it up :) She get it from her momma!

-She is a goober for her daddy...when he comes home she gets SO excited and starts gathering things to show him.

-She loves singing and dancing. She doesn't necessarily sing but she loves others singing and always says "more" when the song ends.

-When she says big mama she sometimes wraps her arms around herself when saying the big part and drags it out like "biiiiggg mama". She definitely loves her big mama!

-She can also remember books that we have not read for months...like a bath book of hers that went missing...I found it and gave it to her in the bath and she looks at it and said "princess" and it is a book about the Disney princess'

-Everything is "cool" we were in Target and I let Tommi walk around some and she would walk up to everything and say "cool" even a bottle of mouthwash haha

-Another big thing these days is building castles with her blocks...she wants us to do it but she "helps" by handing us blocks...I will admit daddys castles are far cooler than mine...she lets me know too. Her version sounds more like "tassol"

-She definitely has an opinion and expresses it…tonight she insisted on her “pink boots” and none of the others would work…I pick my battles and this one was not one I was gonna fight…mainly b/c she looks so cute in her pink cowboy boots!

-I have to brag b/c I have had a waiter/waitresses tell me...she is so well behaved when we are out eating. I love it. She is happy as long as she has food and "dip" (ketchup)

-Sesame Street is big in our house...she loves Elmo and Abby the most but will go for Grover or Bert when they are on.

-Any show or movie there is dancing in she loves...She has seen Happy Feet (the movie with the dancing penguin) one time and she loves "ping ance" AKA penguin dance

This was a really long post! She is just so fun! Words do not begin to describe how much fun she has become! She is a total character…I wish I could have a hidden camera to follow her around all day just to capture her amazing personality.


I tried to get a good 20 month pic but this child does not want to look at the camera or stand still for even 2 min. So I will make some attempts tomorrow too.

This was an attempt tonight....you can at least see her cute outfit!

1 comment:

mallory said...

She is so cute Laura!!! I'm jealous of your well-behaved child in restaurants...Parks gets a little squirly! :)