Saturday, December 4, 2010

A taste of amazing love...

This song never ceases to give me goosebumps...

You Are My King (Amazing Love)--- By: Newsboys

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor You
In all I do, to honor You

You are my King
You are my King
Jesus, You are my King
You are my King


So I have loved this song for a long time but since becoming a mom it has taken on another meaning. I have been able to feel "amazing love" from the other seat. I can not fathom the love the Lord has for us but I get a taste with my love for Tommi.

It amazes me that just when I feel like I can not love her anymore, I fall in love with her all over again! And it is nothing she does on purpose it is just her!

I've always felt like I needed to do this and that to make sure the Lord loves me. B/c I really did not understand "amazing love"...I never understood what that love truly felt like. I can slightly understand now...I can see that like my relationship with Tommi she does not have to do anything to make me love her. Just her being her makes me love her! Of course her love for me makes things much smoother like with the Lord...my love for him makes our relationship so much better.

This may not make tons of sense to anyone else but I just really wanted to share (with anyone who reads this...even if it is only my mom haha) the amazing place I have come to. Not only in my life but in my relationship with the Lord.

God is SO good!

No comments: