Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh wow...

So Tommi has at 3 baths this week so far due to blow outs! First off...I HATE all diapers except Pampers! They do not hold my child's poop in. She is just discovering how to push her a little more solid poop out so she holds it all day and blows out.

Today was the worst so far...
She was sitting in her swing and was a little fussy I figured due to being tired. So I went over and moved her silky so I could find her passy and it had poop on it so I picked her up and there was a puddle of poo in her swing. Extreme stress hit me...I wrapped her up in a blanket got the cushion out of the swing so I could wash it and then went in to change her diaper and found there was more in the swing than in her diaper (stupid huggies)! So I cleaned her a little then figured it would be easier to give her a mini bath in the sink. (BTW when I went in to change her she had stuck her hand on her side and got poop on it then stuck her hand in her mouth...ewww!!!)

So after cleaning her up panic hit again as I rounded up all the poop covered stuff and threw it quickly into the washer!

All I can say is wow...that was an intense situation and I CAN wait to ever start solids b/c I hear the blow outs get worse!

So a burp cloth, my t-shirt, the straps on the swing and the swing cushion are a little stained but we did make it out alive! haha

1 comment:

mallory said...

Hahaha I can totally relate. That has happened to me many times, for some reason, Parks "bathroom" of choice was his carseat which was always SUCH a pain to clean up. But take heart, when Parks started solids it stopped the blowouts! That may not be the norm, but I think the solids thicken "it" up a little bit more so it doesn't shoot out with such force! Just a little mom to mom encouragement :)