Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The first week

Well the first week was a little rough but we made it through! It all started in the hospital when Tommi wouldn't nurse. Well come to find out she didn't know how to suck! She could a little but it was not strong enough to do anything. So we battled that and made it through with the amazing assistance of lactation consultants and the support of TJ. I seriously would not be nursing right now if it were not for him! He has supported me all the way through and done everything he could to make my dream of nursing come true. Of course having mom here was a God send too. I have no idea how a new mother makes it through without the support and help of family.

I have been an emotional wreck crying over everything and just feeling super overwhelmed. No one really can prepare you for the after math of delivery, things just are not the same so you are trying to take care of yourself while trying to understand this new little life you are not responsible for. Thank goodness again my mom was here to take care of the house work, food, and everything else TJ and I needed.

So now I feel like I am half way getting the hang of this mom thing. Of course I'm in NO way a pro or even close to being one anytime soon. I just am finally getting used to putting someone elses every need before mine and how to time when I do pee and everything else.

I give the Lord all the praise and glory for blessing me with the most amazing child ever! She is so good and amazingly beautiful! I really have been blessed beyond what I deserve.

Well I have a fussy newborn to go tend to but continue to pray for us as we go through this adventure together!

No comments: