Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 weeks

30 weeks sounds crazy!

So I had my 30 week appt today! Everything was good...I'm measuring on target and she has a strong heartbeat!

Here is a lesson for my dr (a male)...keep your pregnant patient informed of EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I think I mentioned it last time that my dr had requested I see him at the next appt (todays appt). I was a bit thrown off but let it slide. Well today when scheduling my appt the front desk lady was trying to fit me in b/c it just so happens my 2 week appt is supposed to be the day before Thanksgiving. So anyway...she had to schedule an ultrasound (YAY!) and then my appt with the dr. Well again Dr. Nelsen suggested I see him so she was trying to squish me in since he is super busy. She made the comment "He is gonna be super busy on Wednesday but he said he wants to see you so he must have something he is monitoring or something" Well now that got me worried. I'm totally cool with seeing him every time but thought it was totally weird. So I worried and debated till I got home and I e-mailed the office to ask if I was being kept in the dark for some reason. The nurse called me back and said she talked to him and he thought I had mentioned I didn't want to see one of the other drs in the office and he forgot to write down which one so he thought he would just continue to see me so I didn't have to see someone I didn't want to. She said "You may or may not have had this conversation with him, he sees alot of patients so he is bound to get something mixed up." I had never talked to him about this but do have one dr in the office I do not want to see b/c she is NEVER on time. So I guess he just read my mind. But they said I'm free to see whoever. I do want to see him for this next appt b/c of the ultrasound. I totally trust him with making sure things are going well! But this is proof I read too much into things :)

So next appt he wants to do an ultrasound to get a good estimate of how big Monkey is! I am soo excited! I was thinking it would be so cool for Tommi to see but she has informed me she is NOT going b/c the ultrasound is "too loud" and it "rumbles". So thankfully TJ's mom is off work and can watch her. This is nice also b/c the only time I could get an appt is 830am....meaning leaving the house at 8am! Eek! Not cool when I have a little girl who likes to sleep. So I can just get her up as we are walking out the door and take her in her jammies and all to his moms house. No need to worry about waking up, dressing, and feeding a grumpy tired child. She told me after my appt I have to come pick her up and show her the pictures of "Monkey sister" though, so she is excited about it just doesn't want to be there for the "loud rumbling tv screen" Whatever Tommi! I'm super excited TJ gets to come with me too! Since it is hunting season they don't leave to go to the first job till 930 so he can come to the ultrasound then leave and meet his dad in time for work! Yay!

Tommi is in love with blowing "zerberts" on my belly! She thinks it is so funny and really gets into it. Tonight while I was putting her to bed, we were saying her prayers and while I'm praying I hear "One more zerbert mommy!" I stopped and said "Tommi we need to pray no zerberts right now" In which she responded "But zerberts are fun" I said "What about praying?" She very seriously said "Praying is good too!" I couldn't help but crack up! Note, after the last zerbert we had serious prayer...Jesus will understand!

Life is good! I definitely am feeling like I'm on the last leg of this trip but trying to love and embrace every minute I have left b/c I know it will be over before I know it and I will miss it!

No comments: