Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Large lady...

So at 31 weeks I am feeling very large...I get mixed reactions from others. Some being shocked I'm not due for 2 more months others saying I'm so small. I feel anything but small. I wish I didn't know how much I have gained b/c it just bugs me. It is in the VERY normal range but I had a 18 lbs weight gain pregnancy the first time so I was a bit spoiled. But I guess it is my fault, I have not been as good about my eating this time. It is ok though b/c the drs have yet to comment about it and I know it is "normal".

Well here is the Monkey belly...



Tommi does not like the way my belly looks, she "checks" it daily and tells me "Your belly is weird" and "When Monkey sister gets here you will get your belly back" Thanks for the encouragement, jerk! My belly button is what causes the comments. It is no longer an innie, it is a flatie haha

Today Tommi helped me babysit a friend of mines little girl. She is almost 4 months old. My friend Lauren mentioned me babysitting and I thought it would be a good thing to see how Tommi does one on one with a baby and also see how I do with 2 kids. Well Tommi was such a huge help, getting things for me and just wanting to hold her and love her. She drew her pictures and "read" her books. I actually had a blast and feel much more confident that I can do 2 kids. I know it is gonna be tough at times but I think overall I will be ok. I have been SO nervous about managing 2 kids and still am but believe in myself a bit more now. We are still gonna have to do some work with the little things of how gentle she has to be with a baby but I think that will come. I lived through it with a rough big brother like Chase. So Monkey should be ok.

Tommi did tell me a few times to give the baby back to her mommy but that has just started us on the conversation of "I am Monkeys mommy too" So hopefully she will understand I can't give her back when she gets here.

Yay for a loving big sister!! I'm gonna try my hardest to enjoy the next 2 months as much as possible...as crappy as things are sometimes I still love pregnancy! Although I do not think I will go early, I am praying that I won't b/c I want to be at least out of the holiday season.

No comments: