Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sleeper...

So this post has been a long time coming but I keep forgetting to do it.

Tommi started her life as an amazing sleeper...8 hrs the first night home. Then things got shaky and sleeping in our room was not working, she woke up too much. So around 1 month she was moved to her own room where she become once again a good sleeper. Until we moved when she was 4 months old! She had been sleeping in a bassinet thing that came with the pack n play but due to weight we had to take it out...so that started it all. We battled for months to get her to sleep in her own bed. But failed and due to exhaustion she just slept with us. Naps and everything I had to be with her sleeping. Ugh! We even went through a phase where I had to put her to sleep in her front carrier and try to lay her down with out disturbing her...so it was a hit or miss thing. Sometimes I would get 1/2 the night in her crib but she would always end up in bed with us!

Finally around 12 to 13 months she seemed to be getting restless sleeping between TJ and I. So needless to say I was getting very little quality sleep. So I told TJ it is time to let her cry it out and see how it goes. The first night she cried for maybe 35 min with me going in every 5 or so min and laying her down. All the sudden silence for like 20 min kinda scared me...well I walk in and she is asleep standing up. So I laid her down and heard NOTHING till morning.

Ever since she has been the most amazing sleeper ever! Some nights I do have to get up in the middle of the night but all I have to do is give her her passy and she is out again. It is rare so I don't mind.

So now our nightly routine consists of a bath, lotion, jammies, nursing, some cuddle/quiet play time, then I walk in lay her in her bed rub her back and say prayers and walk out! It is the most amazing thing ever!

Naps are also in her bed now which is so nice for me b/c I can actually get stuff done or even just have mommy time! So she is not perfect and naps are not always perfect but she is a toddler so sometimes life is just too exciting to sleep. Esp on the weekends when TJ is home...meals and naps are limited b/c she just wants to play with daddy :)

I'm not bragging just telling the world how amazingly blessed I am...ok so a little bragging but I have an awesome daughter so you can't blame me :)

No comments: