Friday, February 18, 2011

Don't blink...

Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney

This song is totally the theme song of my life right now....These 2 lines especially...

"Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five..." SO true! I feel like I was only a kid yesterday.

"Don't blink. You just might miss your babies growing like mine did" Seriously I know Tommi is only 22 months but I feel like these have been the fastest 22 months of my life....well actually 32 months including pregnancy. She is growing and learning so fast!

I heard this song while I was in the shower today and it made me cry b/c Tommi really is becoming a kid...she is not a baby anymore! And I thank the Lord for allowing me to stay home and be there for everything. Yes sometimes being a stay-at-home mom is far from perfect but I love it! I can enjoy working, reading, alone time, etc. later in life. Right now I have an almost 2 year old that makes waking up early, ruined trips out, pure frustration, boredom, living on a budget, watching endless kid shows, etc. worth every moment! These are times I can NEVER get back...these are the most important times in her life...they set the tone for the rest of her life! This IS the most important job in the world!

No comments: