Monday, February 14, 2011

No mumpin...

While at church on Sunday Tommi asked to get into the crib while we were in the nursery...this sounds crazy but our church has a crib with a trampoline-like mattress. So Tommi (and all the other toddlers) like to get in and jump like wild monkeys. Well it gets a bit out of hand when you put my monkey in there...the WHOLE crib moves across the room. So before she got in I said 'what is our rule?' she looked me right in the eyes with all seriousness and said "No whining" hahaha so after composing myself. I said 'well that is a good one but what is our rule in the crib?' she said "No mumpin"

She got in and didn't jump but bounced a little and I could see it was killing her. So I told her to get on her knees and bounce that way since I know she can't get too much air that way. She enjoyed that, but it definitely was not the same.

It amazes me how much she absorbs of what we tell her...No whining has been a HUGE rule in our house recently b/c Tommi can communicate so well but forgets and whines. But she is doing so well "using her words" now, I'm really proud of her. We mainly now have trouble when she is tired and well she is only a toddler so I try to let those moments slide a bit ;)

No comments: