Wednesday, August 3, 2011

16 week appt

Pretty standard appt...checked weight, bp, heartbeat, and asked if I had any questions. I have gained 4 lbs and the baby's heartbeat was 140 bpm. I saw a new dr, Dr King, she is nice but too official. I want someone totally relaxed. If I had the choice I would deliver with Dr. Whitten again, I really liked him! So I guess only time with tell what happens with that.

While I was in the room a lady came into take my blood for AFP test, which tests for any abnormalities (down syndrome, etc) I wasn't planning on doing extra testing but since she came in to do it I just said whatever and went with it. Since it is just blood work no big deal. If anything is abnormal (not likely) they will send us to Martha Jefferson/UVA to do a high definition u/s.

Next appt is August 31st...and we will have the big u/s where they measure everything and we find out the sex! Yay! I can't wait. My feelings are a boy, actually I have NO feeling of girl. With Tommi I had NO idea but this one I can't even imagine it to be a girl. But it is definitely possible...now to wait 4 weeks! The last 11 weeks have flown by but I have a feeling these are gonna draw by slowly. Tommi says it is a "little girl", she has one in her belly and I have one in mine!

So overall life is SO good. Tommi is the best and pregnancy is going very well! We are SUPER busy with baseball and softball so we are on the go alot but Tommi loves it...even if it wears us out! Glad I have the energy for all this and actually love this busy life with our little "family" haha Thankfully fall will be alot more calm b/c winter it will all pick up with the holidays and a munchkin!

No comments: