Friday, March 23, 2012

Our day...

So we had a good morning today...a long walk with Miley in the pouch aka Sleepy Wrap and Tommi running freely like a wild child! I do not think she stopped talking/making noise for more than 2 seconds even when she was way ahead of me and I had no idea what she was saying. We live on an almost mile long drive way so Tommi is able to freely explore at a great distance with out any worries.

Well after our walk we came in and I fed Miley around 11:45. She ate ok but I didn't think much of it. When it came time for her to sleep she fought it a bit and was very fussy. But did end up falling asleep around 1:30, but woke up shortly after so I stuck her back in the pouch b/c she usually sleeps well in it. Little did I expect to be taking her out 3 hours later b/c she was going on 5 hours with no food.

I went to nurse her and the crying began. She would not even latch on. She would just scream and scream and scream. I could console her for only seconds with different positions or a passy. I was TOTALLY at a loss for what was going on!

The next few hours were kinda a mixed blur of pumping so we could try a bottle, trying to nurse her, crying, sleeping, and just plain craziness. She got a few mini meals in there from the bottle and me but not enough for me to call an actual meal. Poor thing!

Well now she is sleeping in her swing and I'm praying with all I have that she sleeps well and sleeps off whatever is bothering her. She has been "off" since she got her shots on Tuesday. I am hoping we get back to "normal" and I don't have to end up taking her to the dr.

I definitely think today has been the hardest day yet since she was born!

No comments: