Monday, January 19, 2009

First L&D visit...

So I got super sick this weekend I was struggling to keep things down all evening Saturday and into the morning Sunday. So I called the dr on call and asked him what I should do. He said to take sips of liquid every 15 min or so and if I could keep that down it would keep me hydrated enough. He said not to try and eat for at least 24 hours, babygirl would be fine as long as I was hydrated. He said if I couldn't do that then to come into the ER.

Well I tried the keeping down liquids thing and I couldn't do it. I was also starting to get to the point I was so weak I was confused. So about 2pm TJ and I felt like I should head over to the hospital.

The ER was a mad house! I was tempted not to stay but knew I needed to for my little girl. So we registered and sat and waited the nurse who took my temp and BP was kinda snotty and said "it's gonna be a long wait so I guess I have a seat". Stinker!

After about 40 min the lady called us up to give her all our insurance info. I told her what was going on and my wonderful husband said "She is 28 weeks pregnant and we would not be here if she was not pregnant." The lady was shocked they had made us wait. She called up to L&D and told them and they said to send me up! Thank the Lord!

So I got hooked up to the baby moniter thing and babygirl was doing well, YIPPY! But the nurse hooked me up to an IV in and took some blood which was hard b/c I was so dehydrated my blood was super thick. By the way, IVs in the hand hurt like poo! But she started me on some "sugar water" and gave me some anti-nausea meds. Babygirl got really active, she kept kicking the moniter things making them make loud nosies haha! I still got nausous a few times b/c my heartburn was so bad (due to no eating) At about 7pm they brought me some ginger ale and said if I could keep that down I could go home. So I sipped on that. Thankfully it all stayed in! I also was starting to feel more alive which was really nice. I ended up getting 2 bags of liquids in the end.

So we got released about 8:15pm. I still was super weak but the fluids helped. They said not to wait so long if this happens again. Hopefully it will not...I don't want to go back till I'm having my babygirl, even though I like them I don't like hospitals. They said I must have just gotten the 24 hour bug that was going around. Thankfully I had today off for MLK day b/c I still am not up to my full self but I should be ok for work tomorrow.

So my 3 day weekend did not end up as planned but I guess I am glad it happen over this weekend than during the week.

No comments: