Wednesday, February 25, 2009

34 week appointment

So I had my 34 week dr appt today. Babygirl's heartbeat was 151 bpm and I am measuring good. I asked how big he thought she was and he said at this point it is still hard to tell esp since I'm tall and so she hides really well. He said she feels to be pretty normal...so in the 4 to 5 pound range. He said it is possible I am hiding a bigger baby due to my height but based on my weight gain both of us seem to think I am not. But he said they will be able to tell better next time and thereafter. Oh yea...I gained 2 lbs since last appt. So the total is about 12-14 lbs...I'm happy with that!

I told him about my pain and pressure but he said it seems to be normal. My instinct tells me it is more than it should be. But I may also be just an over thinker/worrier. You know first time mom syndrome:) He told me if my contractions get to be 6 or more an hour then to call. But it is weird b/c they never seems to be in spurts, more of a constant pressure and the feeling of one big contraction...like my uterus is being squeezed and it becomes hard as a rock.

If I stand for more than 15 min the pressure gets to be almost unbearable. On a scale from 1-10 my pain is a 6ish but I get so uncomfortable I can hardly stand it. The dr said just to try and stay off my feet as much as I can when I feel like that...so I am done complaining!

I LOVE being pregnant! My belly is awesome then watching and feeling her move all day long is a feeling I never want to forget. It is truly the most amazing thing I have ever been though. I mean to think of having something so precious inside me is just beyond words! She is already my favorite thing ever and I've never met her. I am SO in love!!! Wow...it just makes the next 6 weeks so much harder to wait. But I want her to be well done by the time she comes out so I think it is worth the wait! Ok I'll admit it...the last week of March really sounds like a great time for me. But only the Lord knows when she will be ready!

So we are all preregistered at the hospital and ready to go anytime! Her birth certificate is started and that just made it all so real! I am slowly but surely getting packed for the hospital. I have mostly everything for me and TJ clothes wise but still have to do babygirls packing. I did baby laundry today so I will start working on her bag probably this week or whenever I feel up to it! It is all getting to be so real!

So at this point she is making the final preps for her arrival! Mainly doing alot of weight gaining and getting all cute and chubby!!! She is definitely head down so unless she decides to be stubborn in the next few weeks we are set to go when she is done baking!

I will post a picture tomorrow (hopefully). Everyone I talk to says she has dropped and I see it slightly...pretty cool!

No comments: