Wednesday, March 25, 2009

38 weeks!

Well here we are in the final 2 weeks of pregnancy! I NEVER thought I would make it to this point...it's so surreal!

Well I had my weekly dr appt. My BP was good and her heartbeat was a little low but according to the dr it is nothing to worry about. So he checked me and I am barely dilated and about 50% effaced. He says the cervix is not a predictor though. He said it could be tonight or it could be a week from now. I'm ready whenever she decides to come into the world.

I am dealing with some crazy pain and pressure. But I keep reminding myself it's all for my little girl! The dr said he will set the appointment for a week from now but hopefully I won't have to keep it. I'd be ok with that...but I think the dr was just trying to keep me positive. I think I'll be there next week, so my next appointment is Tuesday the 31st. Pretty crazy to think I will be one week from my due date then!

So this week is my last week of work. I wanted to work until she got here but since I have to walk uphill from the parking lot I can't do it. It hurts too bad walking. Plus I need sometime to unwind and get some sleep since I am not sleeping as well these days. I enjoyed some pampering today when I treated myself to a pedicure! I really enjoyed and mommy now has pretty toes! They are baby pink for my little pink monster! hehe Who would have thought I would be so excited to have a little girl? She also got 2 new dresses today. One is yellow with big white polka dots to match the cute hat a lady I work made for her. I can not wait to put her in it!!!! The other is a summery dress it's really bright with a bubble pattern to it. I LOVE it!!!! She is gonna be a cutie!

Babygirl is SUPER active these days, not like she used to be with all the kicks and stuff. It more like a shifting and pushing out. I do enjoy the crazy shapes she makes my belly have. I am REALLY trying to enjoy it as much as possible b/c I know I will not have this amazing feeling again for a while. I have to say my pregnancy has been so amazing. It really is a gift from God!

Here I am at 38 weeks pregnant...

No comments: