Saturday, March 21, 2009

OCS graduation!

So I have been worrying for weeks about wanting to attend Chase's OCS graduation...well I got to go! Which made me so extremely happy! I seriously have had 2 wishes the past few months, one being to attend his graduation and two to have a healthy babygirl. So one down one to go! Now I'm definitely ready for her to come! I wanted her to wait till after graduation just so I could be there and so I wouldn't have to lug a baby around if she had come early enough.

So the trip was awesome but interesting...Wednesday evening TJ and I headed out with my directions I had gotten from Map quest. It was a good trip but about 3/4 of the way through our map lead us onto some back road which about 1/2 down the road turned into a gravel road, I'm not talkin nice maintained road this one was full of pot holes and not fun to drive on. Luckily it was only about a mile of our journey but it had us both cracked up. We did make it to the hotel...but it was a humorous trip up. I was stiff after 2.5 hours but otherwise felt good!

So on Thursday we got to reunite with Chase, this was so amazing! We walked up and he was with his platoon and standing all Marine and official haha So they released them to come hang out with us and some how I ended up being the first one to get to him. I was SO ready! So I got to give him his first hug in 10 weeks! That was cool! Of course it was cool seeing him laugh at my growing abdomen too! It was quite a reunion! Everyone was pretty emotional...esp mom! So we got to spend the rest of the say just hangin out with him and really enjoying some awesome family time.

Then Friday was his graduation parade and commissioning. So we were on base bright and early for the parade. It was SUPER cold but luckily the amazing Marine Corp provided blankets for us during the parade. It was cold and windy but I was much less miserable after the parade began b/c all I could do is stare at Chase doing all his awesome official Marine stuff. It was just so neat to see how structured everything was...very cool. Then we got to spend a little time with him before we headed over to the National Museum of the Marine Corp. Where we hung out and looked around for a few hours, wasting time before Delta Company Commissioning. Which was really neat, Chase took his oath and all that cool stuff making him a 2nd lieutenant in the Marine Corp! So then we had the pinning of his bars...mom and dad did the shoulder pins, Papa and Luke did the shirt collar pins, and I GOT TO DO HIS HAT PIN!!! We were all VERY honored! We then got to see his first salutes which was also an emotional event! Gunnery Sgt Gomez was his first salute and a guy who has had a hawk eye on Chase for all 10 weeks...he had a HUGE grin on his face as he saluted Chase. I could see he was proud of him! So that was really neat. I am proud and honored to say my big brother is a 2nd lieutenant in the USMC!

After that we headed back to base to then head home. I wasn't ready to leave everyone. I got to be with my family including my gramma June who I had not seen since I got married. But they all headed back to VB and TJ and I headed home. If it were not for being 37 weeks pregnant I would have gone to VB too. But TJ and I headed back toward the mountains...of course we got into the first 10 min of our trip and a guy pulls out next to us which we had to swerve into the next lane, we burned tires and made some serious smoke but b/c my hubby has cat like reflexes and b/c of the grace of God we avoided hitting either car!!! The rest of the trip went great but we were a little shakin up for a bit!

So our trip was interesting but one of the coolest experiences ever. The crazy thought is when saying goodbye to everyone the next time they see me I will have a baby!!!! How crazy! I may see mom and dad before if they come up to help us with stuff on the trailer but most likely I will not see them again till babygirl is born!

Now I'm just waiting to go into labor. Trying to relax and enjoy the last week(s) of pregnancy. Next week is my last week of work so that is pretty exciting. I have a dr appt on Wednesday and hopefully they will check me b/c I am anxious to see if the contractions I have had have caused some dilation or effacement. It's all a waiting game:) TJ and I are ready to meet our little creation!

Here is the last picture as a family of 6...

No comments: