Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Name change...

Years ago TJ and I put together a list of names we likes for boys and girls. So far we used our top girl name with Miss Tommi Jolene. So when we found out this was another girl we looked back at our list and our 2nd favorite girls name (before kids) was thrown into the mix of the new names we liked. Well we did not agree on any of the new names so what was our original plan years ago went into effect. We both still liked the original name. The middle name was a toss up but we ended up wanting to go with the one we both liked the most (we agreed on a couple).

So baby girl #2 (aka Monkey) had her name. I really have fallin in love with it and it has become her. I even anxiously bought all the letters and have painted them. They only need ribbon for hanging…even though it is a good 18 weeks before they are hung. But they will be ready FAR before b/c I love crafts :) (I only have the letters for her first name)

So here is my problem…her middle name. Which I knew was kinda common but I hadn’t heard it in a while. Well what happens? Two people I know have given it to their little girl in the past month. Both as middle names but now I feel like a copy cat and feel lame using it. Not sure if I will definitely change it but it may happen.

I’m kinda disappointed by this but at least I have a few months to debate it.

So there is my vent…maybe my hormones are getting the best of me. But I kinda wanna cry.

1 comment:

Danielle Snider said...

so. im here to be honest and give you my opinion. GO WITH THE NAME YOU LIKE!!!!!!!!!
1. when she gets married, she will probably drop it. unless she loves it too. so if its really common- no worries.
2. its her middle name. so if its common. no worries.
3. in 15 years will she be friends with the other girls that have that middle name? if not- see who cares! if so--- then they will think they are awesome because all 3 of them have the same name!!
4. so. in the end. GO WITH WHAT YOU LOVE!!! :) :) :)

so excited for you and your family! can't wait to see the little monkey! oh. and. how about YOU! you guys should come visit us sometime!! (: i'd love to see yall!!