Thursday, September 29, 2011

Passy Free...

How she "lost" the passy and all about our first day with out it...

Well last night we returned from TJ’s softball game and Tommi would not listen. I told her we need to wash our hands and get jammies on. Well she kept running off and doing other stuff. Finally she did but after many threats. So finally got her jammies on and at this point she had already lost all her cuddle time before bed b/c she was being so bad. So then she bucked and closed her mouth and acted up about brushing her teeth. So I told her I was gonna throw the passy away. Guess she didn’t think I was serious b/c she kept it up. Finally I finished and told her time for bed and go to her room. She pitched a fit and cried and pleaded but I was over her not listening. She told me she will listen but it was too late. After a bit of holding and comforting TJ and I laid her down and due to exhaustion she went to sleep with no passy.

I didn’t plan on taking it away so soon but I guess this is the best time. So in the morning when she asked for it I just said no she is a big girl and is ok with out it. We took a trip to the post office and I didn’t let her have it in the car either. She only whines for a few min then gets over it. So it has been easier than thought.

We got a package in the mail that was supposed to be for Christmas but I told her if she gives up her passys then she can have it now. I didn’t want the whole thing to be too traumatic. She agreed she wanted the package and no more passys. With out even knowing what was in the package. So when we got home she got to open the package and was SO excited it was a doll! So Harper (the doll) became the “no passy doll”. She told me she still needs to keep her passys safe in the cup but will not put them in her mouth.

Naptime came and she only asked for it a few times. She was not sure she was ready for this. But she took a good hour nap (not the best but ok)So far it was MUCH easier than expected.

Bedtime came and she kinda asked half jokingly for it. She told TJ right before bed "No passy daddy"

TJ and I both expected a total meltdown from her and a few days of pure chaos. But she has been soooo good and we could not be more pleased!

Day 2 and 3 have gone just as good if not better. She doesn't ask for it anymore. She is a bit grumpy but if I was giving up something I was addicted to I think I would be too. We also have caught her "sucking" or just holding her finger in her mouth in the car. But that was kinda to be expected.

She has not been as cuddly b/c she gets passys when she cuddles but I hope that will change with time as she is less grumpy and gets used to just hanging out with out her passy.

I can not express how proud of her I am! It is a bit sad b/c she is not a baby anymore when her passy but I LOVE IT!!!

No comments: