Monday, February 6, 2012

Proud

All moms have those moments that everything is going right and we feel blessed beyond what we deserve, in those moments I love to brag about my babies.

Right now I should be napping but it is so nice to have some mommy time where I can just relax...for a few moments.

Today has been amazing I can not be more proud of the big girl Tommi has become. She is not patient, I know she tries but she does not have a sense of time and also thinks we are all at her beck and call all the time. Having Miley has taught her to wait her turn a bit more and I am thankful she has accepted waiting pretty well. It doesn't mean she doesn't ask 100 times while waiting but she doesn't throw a fit or get upset.

When I said it was naptime she just got her stuff and went to bed. Which NEVER happens...she always has demands of some kind. So this was a huge blessing! Even if it only happens once...one less fight is worth it.

I just can't get over how blessed I am. The transition from one to two has been a whole lot easier than I had expected. Yes I am only almost 3 weeks in and have not been alone too much but still I'm just thrilled. Tommi has taken on being a big sister so well and really is a help and has not gotten jealous of Miley. But I have tried really hard to make sure I get extra kisses in and cuddle when I'm not holding Miley. Funny thing is I think I'm a better mom to Tommi now than I was before Miley. I just feel like I've been better about making sure she feels extra special and we play more together one on one. Overall I'm really enjoying being a mom of 2. Not that it is not overwhelming at times though.

I guess it has helped ALOT that it is TJ's slow time at work...b/c he has been a huge help!

Life is good and God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams!



Miley had been fussy right before this and Tommi sung her back to sleep!

No comments: