Friday, February 10, 2012

Screaming

While Miley sleeps on me peacefully I figured I would take the moment to document the past week we have had.

Miley has decided to scream blood murder sometimes in the evenings. I am not sure what is going on, I assume gas. I have debated whether it was colic, reflux, normal, or some other issue. I still have no idea. It is not for hours at a time more like here and there sometimes 30 mins or so. It does seem like hours sometimes though. But usually nursing or laying on my chest or just waiting it out while holding her works to calm her down.

Hearing her horrible cries of what seems like pain is SO hard on both TJ and I. This too shall pass! Which is SO hard to remember in the middle of it all but it is so true. The last 3 weeks have flown by so I know the coming weeks will too. I am trying to cherish this time b/c she will be a sassy almost 3 year old like her sister soon.

During the day Miley is such a sleeper, she eats then sleeps then eats etc. with a few awake moments in there. So generally she is a great baby but the evenings get tough...hopefully as she gets used to being out in the world the screaming will pass. I can do fussing or crying but screaming is hard!

The night she is pretty good too. Usually eats around 11 or 12 sleeps 5/6 hours then gets up and eats sleeps another 3 to 4. Her sleeping changes with the days. When we first brought her home she thought 3am was awake time then she was good for a few days but now thinks 530ish till about 7 is awake time then she goes back to sleep. So I am hoping this changes soon b/c I don't mind getting up to feed her but I wanna go back to sleep when she is done not hang out.

So say a prayer for all of us that the screaming spells end and there is no underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

No comments: