Sunday, April 15, 2012

Newborn/infant stage

So as I sat and nursed Miley the other day I realized I sure do love my sweet nursing/bonding time with Miley (and did with Tommi too). But the newborn/infant stage is not my favorite. I hear so many people say how much they love the baby stage but I just don't agree. They are just so unpredictable and tough. Don't get me wrong they sure are sweet and oh so cute. But I think the fun begins as they get older and interact and get on more of a predictable "schedule". I am not very big on strict schedules but kinda knowing how the day will go is nice.

Miley is in a really crazy stage right now. She does not like to be in the back of the car "alone" esp at night. Like tonight we had to go grocery shopping after church and she was fun and giggly in the store but the moment her car seat clicked into the car and I shut the door she was screaming. And since we live 30 min from church it was a HORRIBLE drive home. She just screams and screams. Then we got home I carried her into the house and she was fine sitting in her car seat for a min while I put stuff away...as long as she could see me. I am hoping this ends soon b/c going anywhere could be a nightmare...esp since we are about to go to VB and 4 hours in the car is not gonna be fun if she screams. But since it will be daytime hopefully she will be better.

I definitely can not deny that this is the sweetest thing in the whole world. And I am enjoying this time of being so sweet and innocent. And like I said before I LOVE our nursing special mommy/Miley time and I do not look forward to that ever ending but that is why I just try to embrace every stage!

2 comments:

Ruby Showalter said...

I know how frustrating it is when they just scream in their car seats! Hadassah did that for the first 3 months, but now it's the only way she'll fall off to sleep sometimes!! Beautiful picture of Miley :)

Danielle Snider said...

holy cow. beautiful picture....
and well. im not a mom. im clueless. but would a light on in the back of the car help?!?! or one of those mirror things?!? what do i know. NOTHING! but gosh- i can't imagine how hard that is!!!