Tuesday, October 25, 2011

28 weeks!

I had my monthly appt today...due to not doing the glucose test last appt I had to do it today. Since I am the overbearing mother I am (I am not afraid to admit, I hate leaving Tommi) I took Tommi with me. I knew the appt was at 10am and by the time I had my appt and then waited an hour to get my blood drawn then got home I would have had to pack a lunch for her and feel guilty b/c I left her with someone for so long. I will say had my mom been up or TJ's mom had the day off I would have had no problem leaving her with them. I just feel bad depending on anyone who isn't her grandparent or super close. Even though she loves spending time with others and does so well that I can do it with out worry. Enough about that.

I talked to Tommi yesterday and this morning before we went, telling her all about my appt, how things would go, etc. She has a fear of strange men, so I thought meeting my dr might upset her and she also fears doctors offices so I had to have her prepared. I packed books to read, a notebook and pen to color in, and snacks just in case. Well she was a dream she listened like an angel and was far better than I expected. Thankfully they gave me the drink at the beginning of my appt so I wouldn't have to wait another hour after the appt. So after checking the heartbeat and fundal height like the standard appt we only had to sit in the waiting room about a half hour till I got my blood draw. Which when the lady who draws the blood saw I had Tommi with me she made a face b/c Tommi would have to stand in the hallway (3 ft from me). But I knew this was the case and knew Tommi wasn't going to run off and act like a nut just b/c I was not right next to her. So I got my blood drawn and we were done! Yay!

Since Tommi was such a dream I told her we could go to Chick-fil-a and play with the "town kids". TJ and his dad were in Harrisonburg working so they were able to meet us for lunch...which was a highlight for Tommi and I both. We LOVE seeing daddy during the day even if it is only for a minute or so. Anyway...Tommi was a bit of a handful while eating but was again a dream when it was time to play and actually for the rest of the day.

When they first called us back at the dr and the nurse was weighing me and taking my blood pressure. Tommi asked the nurse "Are you gonna take my monkey sister out yet?" The nurse was totally thrown off till I explained she calls the baby "her monkey sister" . It was priceless!

So I'm feeling good. I do have heartburn alot but some days are worse than others. Otherwise I feel really good, definitely feel like I'm waddling due to inner thigh pain from pressure I assume but I can deal. Monkey girl is CRAZY these days!!! It is the best!

No comments: