Sunday, October 30, 2011

spacing...

So I have NO idea what it is like to have 2 kids...and to be honest I think almost daily...Am I REALLY ready for this? Did I rush things? etc. But the truth is I'm 29 weeks (tomorrow) pregnant with my 2nd baby and have no choice at this point. Nor would I change it for anything in the world! This girl already has my heart!

But today while trying to get ready to head over to my MIL's for Sunday dinner I thought to myself. I think I spaced my children pretty well. It will definitely be tough b/c Tommi is most definitely my baby and still wants to feel that way BUT she is also so independent and such a help I think we are gonna be ok. As I was getting dressed she went in her room and grabbed her coat and shoes and brought them to me to help her. This sounds little but it is such a big help. I can definitely see myself saying "Tommi can you go grab me a (fill in the blank)?" She WANTS to help almost all the time. Yes sometimes she makes a bigger mess than I would but it is the thought that counts.

I'm just so proud of my little girl. She is growing up and just so much fun! Definitely hard to handle at times and tests my patients some nights but over all I am very thankful and very fortunate to have such a sweet baby girl!

She is so excited for "monkey sister". She talks about her all the time and wants me to have her now! I do not think she has the slightest clue how much life is gonna change but hey neither did I when I had her and she survived so it will be ok! :)

So I'm still flopping between "How am I gonna do this?" and "I'm gonna rock as a mom of 2." More the first but many have done it before me so I will definitely survive.

No comments: