Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Memories...

I was on a friend’s blog and she was talking about the things she wants her kids to remember about her and their home. So it got me thinking and I found that the things I want my children to remember about me and cherish when they are older are actually pretty simple. They come A LOT from my own upbringing and the memories I cherish the most.

The lists may change with time and as I am a mom longer but for now here is my list….

The things I’d like my kids to remember…

• I loved the Lord and served him in my everyday life.

• That I was real…I was not perfect…I made mistakes.

• I loved their daddy with all my heart...and showed him!

• I was not ashamed of who I am! I danced, I sang (off key) and laughed at myself! (This one TOTALLY comes from things I love about my own mom)

• I was kind to others and treated people with respect.

• They were my focus…not the dust bunnies or the dishes that could be done later.

• That our home was a safe, comfortable, and fun place for them and their friends.

• No matter what…I am ALWAYS there and they can come to me for anything!

ABOVE ALL…
• I want them to remember they were loved beyond their wildest dreams…a God-like love. One they never doubted and was there no matter how many times they turned their back on it.

I hope my kids look back one day and say…Life was SO good when I was a kid! I want my kids to be kids…and totally enjoy it b/c it is such a short time in life!

I look back at my own childhood and no matter the tough times I had with friends, my brothers, and even my parents. I always loved being part of my family…I was actually proud to be a Llewellyn (and still am). We are the type of family people want to be a part of…even with all our crazy imperfections!

I hope one day my kids look back and feel fortunate to be part of our family. I know in someway they will but I want them to have pride in who their parents are and siblings.

No comments: