Wednesday, January 18, 2012

40 week appt..

I had my 40 week appt today...I am technically 40 weeks and 2 days. But I had to see one of the drs who is chronically late. My appt was 11am and I got called back about 11:20 so that wasn't bad but then we sat in the exam room for another good 30 min before she came in ugh! Tommi came with me b/c I figured it would be a standard quick check of heartbeat and measurement. I was gonna deny being checked for progress. But since TJ only had one job this morning he met me at the drs office.

When they called me back the nurse didn't ask if I wanted to be checked I guess since I am past my due date it is standard. I know I could have denied it but whatever.

Well thank God TJ did come b/c Tommi would have been hard for me to handle by myself. So the dr checked the heartbeat and measured my belly and then after checking my progress and stuff she wanted to check the fluid levels (by u/s) and do a NST (non stress test) to make sure baby was content. So we ended up being there for almost 2 hours total! Not cool. According to this dr I am almost 3 cm and 80% effaced but that is all a matter of opinion I think, so who knows if I have made any difference in the last 2 weeks. She also said she was gonna try to loosen my membranes to move things along...so I guess she did when she was checking me. It didn't hurt at all like people talk about. But I know the only way it will move things along is if Monkey is ready.

Tommi did really well through it all until the end she was getting restless while doing the NST but thankfully TJ was able to take her out to distract her. But I am so proud of her for handling it all so well. She cracked us up asking all about the jelly on my belly during the ultrasound and NST.

So the dr told me that since I'll be 41 weeks Monday she feels we need to induce...which I wanted to deny but she went on to tell me how by that point the risk of c-section is the same as a regular delivery and blah blah. I just went with it, with hopes that I will not make it to Monday. So while getting my u/s done she called to set up the induction but the hospital said they are too full on Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday is the day they have to put me in. I was happier about that b/c that gives her one more whole week to do it by herself. The dr told me to call the hospital Monday and see if they can fit me in but I'm not planning on it. I am set up and scheduled for Wednesday so that is what I am going with. The later I can make it the better off I am...as long as Monkey is safe.

But I am praying harder than ever that I go on my own before then...even THIS week would work for me :) So any prayers will help...I DO NOT want an induction. Though they may try breaking my water before any meds are used I still just would rather just go into labor naturally. So it is a wait and see game.

I will be shocked if I make it to next Wednesday but it is all in Gods hands!

No comments: