Saturday, January 21, 2012

Monkey sister...

is FINALLY here!!!

Miley Jade Frazier made her grand entrance on January 19, 2012 at 3:08am!

She weighed 7lbs 4ozes and was 17 3/4 inches long...which I think is wrong but it is hard to measure a newborn so I will cut them some slack.

Her birth story is VERY quick...

I started having contractions about the time we were putting Tommi down for bed at like 930pm and they were just like all the braxton hicks I had and random and varied in intensity. So I went on...around 1030 they were less comfortable but still very sporadic from 2 mins apart to 15 mins apart, so I figured I would take a shower and wait for them to stop. They never did...so around 1145pm I texted TJ and said that I think I needed to start timing them b/c they were pretty intense and seemed to come in a pattern now maybe.

Sure enough they were 5 min apart. They just continued to get more intense. I kept putting off calling my mom b/c I was so scared they would stop. TJ finally had me convinced I needed to call at 1245-ish. So she left about 130am. She called me not too long after and said I needed to just suck it up and head to the hospital these were too intense to be sitting around the house. So I listened and we called TJ's mom to come up and stay with Tommi. When I got up to get the final things together they moved to 2 or 3 min apart. So his parents finally got here and we left as quick as we could...it was around 215am.

I don't remember the car ride much but TJ was most definitely speeding haha We got to the hospital and they got us in quick and I got into a room at labor and delivery. They got me hooked up on the monitors at 240am to monitor my contractions. They checked me and I was 7 to 8 cm dilated and fully effaced, so they started to put my IV in and started asking me questions so I could get the epidural I was so lovingly begging for :) Well that did not last long they had just gotten the IV set and my contractions were causing my stomach to do all kinds of weird things (ended up being my uterus pushing a baby out on its own) and I told the nurse I had to push. She went down to check me and called immediately for the dr. Only seconds later I felt something funny that then burst. They told me not to push but my body was doing it not me. So they got the dr in there and by the time he was set up I had one push and then my body delivered my sweet girl. (I told them as they got set up I could not do it with out a epidural it was crazy! But I had no choice!)

Not long after we got to the room the nurse looked at TJ and said "Sir you need to sit down your color is horrible" so he sat down and they gave him a Pepsi. I said "No way this is the last thing I need!" Well he did not miss the birth...he heard I was about to have her and he was by my side holding my hand! So thankfully he got to see it all and be with me. He was doing better by that point, we have no idea why he got low blood sugar, but thankfully the nurses were the best and took care of us both.

Miley had a super short umbilical cord so TJ had to cut it before they could even hand her to me. Which was very different...

I'll write more another time about Miley and the hospital and all the craziness life threw at me. But it is 10pm and I NEED to get to bed b/c my babies are sleeping and I need to take advantage of it!

3 comments:

Danielle Snider said...

so sweet. what excitment. holy cow!!

Burrtotheitknee said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how fast that all happened! I also can't believe you went through it all without an epidural! Congratualtions on your sweet new baby girl. :)

Laura F. said...

Brittany, I can't believe I did it all without an epidural either. The actual birth was not painful it was the contractions that were tough. I would not have been able to do it had my labor been any longer. Quick is most definitely the way to go :)