Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spoken

While doing my daily devotions...I really was "moved" and spoken to by the 2 verses that were part of my devotion.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I have read this verse so many times in the course of my life. I actually have a towel type thing in my kitchen that hangs from my stove with this verse on it. But it really was huge for me today. Just how no matter the bad things that happen the Lord has a plan for us and knows where we are going and it will be good. Right now might not be the best but my future is bright and that is a promise. I like that...I love things that can be promised to me...b/c few things in life can be. But knowing my future is in the Lords hands makes daily life and struggles ALOT easier.

The other verse was...

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.


I don't want to be like those in "the world". I want to be different, I want others to see me and want to know what I have that they don't...that being the Lord.
I also LOVE hearing about God's good, pleasing, and perfect will. Right now I am bouncing back and forth on the timing of this child, I potentially love the age difference in my girls b/c Tommi can be so helpful, understand, and sweet. The excitement in her face of being a big sister is priceless, it is almost like she has a job she is SUPER proud of. But I also wonder 'was it long enough?' between them. Tommi is at a tough age. She is VERY opinionated, sometimes bossy, and a handful. We are potty training, testing our limits, and just learning about being independent without being too independent. It seems to be a tough time to have a newborn on top of all that. BUT God's timing is perfect. He planned monkey at the perfect time in his will...he knew long before I knew that she would be born in this time and it was HIS will. I can trust that...my will is NOT perfect but his is! He didn't promise me that it wouldn't be tough or that I wouldn't feel defeated. He only said his will is good, pleasing and perfect.

I feel like this has really given me a peace about what is to come. I can not worry about the future and how I will do it with 2 kids. But I can focus on now and know it will all be good! I just have to put my burden on him and he will take care of us.

Also...I anyone who reads this PLEASE pray for a dear family to me,the Kiser's. The father was TJ's baseball coach this summer and I got to know his wife and daughter this summer at games. His wife had been battling different types of cancers for many years now and the Lord finally took her home. She was one of those woman I want to be just like. She had the brightest spirit and fought a VERY long and hard fight. I know she is out of pain now and feeling very good. But she left behind a wonderful husband, 3 grown children, a grandchild, and a community who loved her dearly. I feel even more connected to this family b/c the daughter who I got to know this summer has a little boy who is 6 months younger than Tommi and is pregnant again due in March. So in the midst of being pregnant she lost her mom, her best friend, and grandmother to her children. So this hits really hard at home for me. Just pray for them in this hard time. They are a truly amazing family!

1 comment:

Ruby Showalter said...

LOVE that verse and the beautiful promise it gives! It's such a comfort to know that God has a plan for our good. Blessings as you adjust to a newborn!!