Monday, January 30, 2012

Miss Miley

Things have been a bit wild around here trying to adjust to life. But things are going extremely well! I am MUCH calmer this time around. I feel like I have it together a bit more than I did with Tommi. I'm shocked to say the least. I definitely do not have it all figured out and don't feel like I do but I'm learning to take it one step at a time and not get to anxious about what is to happen next. Our life is unpredictable for now but I know it will get more in a routine before too long. I don't want to miss a thing...so I'm trying to enjoy these moments! The newborn stage is gone so fast!

TJ has been a dream come true. He has really stepped it up an extra notch to help me out. It is wonderful! He has always been great but he really is above and beyond what I expected. Partly b/c I stopped being "scared" of telling him exactly what I need. So when I need something done instead of just expecting him to read my mind I just tell him what I need. Sounds like magic huh?

So about Miley...she is a great baby in general. It is rare that she cries but when she does...watch out b/c she goes full force! She generally had been eating every 3 to 4 hours but the past couple days she has stepped it up to about every 2 hours. Guess she is trying to balance it all about.

We started out with our days and nights mixed. She wanted to "party" in the middle of the night...usually around the time she was born 3am she would have an extended wake period. But that only lasted the first couple days and now she is a great sleeper. She usually goes 4 to 5 hours at night. So I am VERY thankful for that.

Tommi is head over heels in love. I knew she would love her sister but not like she does. She is forever "checking on baby sister" and making sure she is ok. If she fusses just a tiny bit Tommi walks over and "shushs" her or sings to her. It is amazing! I wish I could bottle up the sweetness of them together. My heart melts every time they are together. Tommi wants her baby sister to go everywhere with us (she of course has to but it is sweet Tommi always asks to make sure her sister is coming) She also LOVES showing her off to everyone, even people to see them everyday like TJs parents.

Tommi has been a bit of a pickle lately. She has found quite the attitude. It doesn't seem to be a jealousy thing but she is definitely testing her boundaries. Her alter ego is named "Matilda" haha 85% of the time she is our sweet Tommi but Matilda comes out. She is 2 and I have to remember that!

Life is so good!

No comments: