Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ready?

Ok so I guess I'm pretty much as ready as I'm gonna be. I still need to pack some final things for me and TJ and also pack Tommi a little overnight bag (she will be staying in a hotel with my mom). Which technically I could get that stuff done in the midst of contractions if need be.

Come to think of it I need to move Tommi's car seat and install the baby one also.

I have been saying how unprepared I am emotionally and honestly scared at times. But looking at it...I will live and I will make it through. My girls are gonna thrive and life is gonna be amazing with 2 kids. Yes it will be stressful...esp in the beginning but I got the hang out it with Tommi, so I will get in the swing of things again with this one.

I have been feeling really good compared to the constant inner thigh pain and pressure I had with Tommi at this point. Sometimes laying in bed or riding in the car I can forget I'm pregnant (for a VERY brief moment). I have back pain with driving due to the angle I have to have the seat and if I'm sitting on a hard chair or in a certain position for a long time. When I get up from bed it takes a bit to get all the joints moving and I have some major lower belly pain. But then after I get rolling then I'm good. I struggle to pick up things off the ground which cracks me up. I also struggle when getting up off the floor...another laughing moment b/c I have never felt so helpless in all my life.

But I am definitely ready to have my lap back so Tommi can sit with me and read books and not be off to the side in a strange position. I am also ready to be able to pick Tommi up and carry her with out being totally defeated and in pain. It really has become very hard to carry her...I try to have TJ do it as much as possible but sometimes she doesn't go for it.

I will miss pregnancy very much as I did with Tommi, there is NOTHING in the world like watching and feeling your baby move in your belly and knowing you have taken part in God's most amazing creation ever...the human life. But I also want to remember how hard things got in the end with a 2 year old and the normal tasks of daily life.

I still think I'm gonna go overdue this time too.

No comments: