Friday, December 30, 2011

Accidents....

Tommi has been doing SO good with potty training, pee and poop. She will usually go when we ask or just tell us when she has to go. Well yesterday I made a quick trip to the grocery store and TJ stayed home with Tommi. Well she came to him and said she had to pee...so he told her to go sit on her potty and he would be there in a second. Well she walked out of the room and said "I'm all wet" She was at home and had full access to a potty, what in the world? She kept saying she was sorry afterwards. So she was not happy with herself.

Then today we went out to dinner and she peed when we go to the restaurant and before we left I asked if she had to go and she said no. So I didn't force her since it had been such a short time (45 minutes-ish) we went to Walmart afterwards and I went to the bathroom when we got there. I should have made her come with me but she said she didn't have to go so I didn't make her. Well we walked around a bit then she was looking at toys and she said "uh-oh" we look over and she is standing with a puddle at her feet. She again said "sorry mommy" and when I asked why she didn't tell me she said "I just didn't." I told her if she is not gonna tell us when she needs to go then we will have to put her bike away and she can get it back when she is not having accidents anymore. Not trying to punish her but she isn't gonna have her reward for potty training if she isn't gonna do it. We have told her that we are not returning it just putting it away till she is better about telling us she needs to go. So she is not really upset, more disappointed but does understand.

She is TOTALLY against wearing diapers again and says she loves wearing undies. She even said after I put her diaper on her for bed, "I don't wanna wear diapers again." I reassured her that she doesn't have to wear them again during the day, just at night like normal. But she does need to tell us if she needs to go.

She says she will do better...I sure hope! If it was just at home it wouldn't be so bad but if she is gonna have them in public I'm in for real trouble!

I'm hoping these are isolated incidents.

No comments: