Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 3...

Tommi had NO accidents!!!

I did have to empty her potty at least 25 times due to little pees here and there, which I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad. Well I know it is good...but a hassle when you are 8 months pregnant and getting up and down from the floor.

We did get dressed and venture out to TJ's parents house for dinner. I honestly expected an accident since she seems to think undies equal she can forget to go potty. But she did great. We were gone for about an hour and a half and she peed in the potty at their house twice!

I'm excited she is getting the hang out of it but hope she will learn to space things out more as time goes on. I really need to get out sometime, I do not like being cooped up so much! It is possible we may go out tomorrow to Target to get somethings we need. I'm a bit nervous so we will see if I can actually get the courage to do it.

I have found potty training is stressful b/c there is no right way. Every kid is so different and if your like us it can start before your prepared. I'm forever worried she is gonna have an accident, even though it is not a big deal at all when she does. Plus everything I've read has said it could be months before the accidents stop...I'm really NOT prepared for that...esp in public! I can handle one accident but what if she does it a few times while we are out. Maybe I'll have to invest in some training undies for trips out "just in case" b/c I'm most definitely not doing pull ups, they are glorified diapers and Tommi hates them!

So things have been going REALLY well but I'm still so nervous to see how things go. Honestly I'm just an emotional mess. On top of it all I'm not feeling my best...I am battling yet another impending sickness. Praying it doesn't progress any further b/c that will only add to my load right now.

I worry too much into the future too. Next Thursday I have a drs appt and I still have to find someone to watch Tommi and I'm nervous about asking someone to watch a potty training toddler. I guess I just have to hope she will be doing better by then and will not be such a handful. This is when I wish my mom lived closer or TJ's mom didn't have to work...b/c leaving such a task with her grandmothers is not a worry for me. I guess my only option is to ask TJ's aunt Connie to see if she can do it...as long as she is available she will not care. Guess we will see...why I'm stressing now is just crazy!

No comments: