Monday, December 5, 2011

Singer...

I may have a singer on my hands! Tommi LOVES singing! She will sit in the car and make up songs just to sing, it is great.

Right now the songs that she loves singing that are not just random or blurbs from other songs are: Jesus loves me, Jesus loves the little children, Twinkle little star, Bringing home a baby bumble bee, Skidamarink, ABCs, and Hush little baby (which is our own little version) I am pretty impressed how she remembers the words to all her songs. (Exactly why if you say something in front of her and she hears it...know it is stored for life and will come out at any given moment haha)

One night Tommi told me to sing her a new song so I started singing Hush Little Baby. Well after the first couple lines I totally was lost and not thinking she would pick up on it I made a couple lines...well they stuck! She thinks my version is how the song goes now and that is how she sings it! Here is Tommi and my version...

Hush little baby don't say a word
Mamas gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird don't sing
Mamas gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring don't shine
Mamas gonna buy you a punkin' pie
And if that punkin' pie doesn't taste good
Mamas gonna buy you a twinkle star

In the moment it was all I could come up with...well now it just cracks me up. Seriously could I not think of something that at least rhymed :) I'm not good at improv as everyone can see! But Tommi loves and that is all that matters! Plus the actual words are weird (I looked them up later) so I like my version better!

She has the cutest singing voice and will not perform on command but if anyone spends more than an hour with her or rides in the car with her they will definitely hear it.

Tommi is still such an amazing little girl. I wish everyone could be a fly on the wall on a good day with her. She just has a way of saying things and her expressions that cracks me up. I have no idea how I can ever say no to her but I guess I have learned I have to. Oh and the hands on the hips attitude is totally adorable. It is not only when she is upset but she can just do it when she is making a point or anytime really! It is great! She can basically melt her daddy to mush with the way she asks for things sometimes. It makes me laugh b/c I know how bad he wants to say no sometimes but a sweet "Daddy will you hold my hands while I jump?" is hard to resist!

On a "bad day" she can really be a pistol but we are learning together how to deal and thankfully a day totally full of attitude and fits is rare. Usually a good nap or "time out" alone in her room fixes her right up.

With all the fun Tommi is I can not wait to meet little monkey and see all her personality...she will learn from the best! I'm in for trouble.

No comments: