Saturday, December 24, 2011

Big potty...

So this is totally something only a mom can celebrate but...Tommi pooped in the big potty tonight!!! (with a kid potty seat on it but no stool and not a kid potty)

We were at church and I knew Tommi had to go poop so I kept reminding her and even used some bribing to convince her to try. She kept saying she didn't have to go. Then we were sitting in church and I asked her if she wanted to go back and try and poop and gave her something to throw away...she is a little obsessed with the trash can in our nursery b/c it has a pedal to step on for it to open, weird child...but it worked.

So we went back and she of course made me wait in the actual nursery while she was in the bathroom. I kept peeking in on her and asking "are you done?" She would say "No mommy, I'm gonna be fine." I was just worried she would decide to jump off the potty before she called for me. But after like 10 min of her being in here I was getting worried she was just playing games. Well she soon called for me and sure enough she went...a bunch! Funny how something so simple can make you feel so much calmer. I was so relieved she went so I didn't have to worry about her having an accident.

I'm just so proud of her b/c she has only pooped in her little froggie potty at home and for her to poop on the big potty with her feet just hanging was a big change!

On a totally different note...Tommi was a TOTAL pistol yesterday to the point I was gonna return her presents if she continued the craziness. She had to sit with me for majority of the time at TJ's grandparents and watch all the other kids play and hang out presents (her favorite thing to do)

Well she turned it around BIG TIME....She has been amazing today. Of course she has had her normal 2 year old test the limits moments but seriously she has been so good. I finally feel like I have my sweet little girl back! She listened and behaved so good today! I am just so proud of her. She heard it over and over about how proud I was so maybe this will motivate her to continue.

I am learning in the process of it all...choose the battles wisely and try to let her make the decision with choices. I am trying not to "force" anything on her. I wish I knew what it was that turned her around so I can remember if we go through another spell.

Yay tomorrow is Christmas...even though it has been for 2 days now at our house! I'm just excited to give Tommi our presents to her and REALLY excited to travel down to see my family!!! I am beyond excited I get to go down to Va Beach...not for presents but just b/c I love my family! Plus this is really our "last hurrah" before monkey makes her appearance!

I have gotten and am getting some great stuff for Christmas but really it would have been the perfect Christmas if Tommi continues to have the time of her life!

No comments: