Monday, December 19, 2011

Breathe!

Today was one of those days...the days where I was so ready for naptime I could hardly wait.

It started with Tommi eating breakfast then demanding a cookie. We hardly ever have cookies in the house but with the holidays we have more than enough. I told her not until after lunch...well she went in the kitchen and opened a tin of cookies we just got. I told her to put it back...well she looks right at me and shoves the cookie right in her mouth. I immediately made her spit it out and go into time out. This was definitely a moment I couldn't help but want to laugh but had to be serious.

Then after shopping at Target Tommi refused to try to potty and I knew she had to go. So I got all the stuff loaded in the car and brought the "car potty" into the store...assuming I would put it on the toilet and she could use it but no she had to use it with the baggy in it on the floor. Good gracious...I gave up and let her.

We got home and were getting things together to have lunch and I hear "Mommy I'm wet!" WHAT?!?! You have not had an accident in almost a week and you just went a bunch 45 minutes ago and have had nothing to drink since!! Sure enough she peed all over herself and the floor. I had to bite my tongue and go on.

The attitude was full force the rest of the day...not wanting to sit on the potty even when I know she had to go but refused to put a diaper on. She demanded everything and was just plain mean. The nap only lasted an hour, when 2 hours is needed. Which of course added to the attitude. By bedtime she had lost tons of privileges and I was SO ready to put her down!

A little humor for the day...while on the phone with my mom Tommi was dancing around grabbing her butt like she had to poop. She kept walking behind the recliner and if I said something about it she would come out laughing. TJ had come home and was in the bathroom where some how both the in door pottys ended up. Grr! I finally figured it out...I'll get the car potty. So I asked her if I got the car potty if she would go in it. She agreed so I got it and when I brought it inside she didn't want it in the extra bathroom she wanted it behind the recliner where she likes to hide and poop. Well thankfully she went...YAY!!!! haha I just had to find so much humor in her pooping behind the recliner. If that is the only way she will poop on the potty I'll go with it...for now! But guess only time will tell.

She ran herself ragged this evening at TJ's volleyball game so thankfully she knocked right out after I put her down!

So now the day is finally over and I am VERY relieved! I am trying not to rush the days by but today NEEDED to be over.

No comments: