Sunday, December 18, 2011

Don't judge...

This has been on my mind alot lately. I look at other moms and see some that are flustered and others who are as cool as can be.

I have come to find out some of this has to do with the day they are having but also has to do with personality. There are moms who can hold it together when their whole world is falling apart...but other moms look at them and judge and assume they have the perfect kids or they are just super mom. But they are battling their own things we don't know about.

I have had comments made when I am feeling flustered that "Tommi is so good", "Tommi is so well behaved", "I hardly hear her in church", etc. Yes I have a great kid, BUT she is most definitely 2 years old. We have battles, BIG ONES! She can not be quiet to save her life sometimes, she has a major tude, I can not force her to do what she has her heart set on not doing, and makes me want to just give up and walk away sometimes...Yes I feel defeated by a 2 year old. She is so smart it is almost a bad thing. It is rare that I can pull the wool over her eyes...I have to be careful b/c she picks up on my feelings, emotions, etc. No matter if I act like all is good she knows when I'm weak and attacks :) Every trait that is bad is also a great thing. She asks tons of questions, which in turn makes her know more than a kid who doesn't ask. So her talking is due to wanting to know (everything) most of the time. Her attitude is showing she is not a push over and stands up for herself which in years to come will come in handy...I admire her for it!

So as we have entered potty training she has been a hassle. Yes she has been "easy" but not really at the same time. No I am not having to clean up accidents all the time but if she doesn't want to pee when it is convenient for me then she won't, she is on her own clock and I have to listen to her.

She told me the other night I was the moon and daddy was the sun. (I have NO idea what she was talking about) But TJ and I laughed b/c she is most definitely the sun and we are moons or planets just revolving around her.

Tonight when at the church dinner I was SO frustrated with Tommi and not peeing. I just didn't understand why she couldn't just pee using what we had...Does she not know I'm almost 9 months pregnant and pulling up undies and tights and getting up and down off the floor in a bathroom is NOT what I want to be doing?!? Can't she see how hard this is for me? In all this time, I was losing my mind...but I kept it together the best I could b/c well I had to. The world does not need to see my frustration with something that is so little in the scheme of things. Some one else looking in sees a woman who is just tired b/c she is pregnant when in reality life was very tough in that moment...I almost lost it!

No kid is "easy" it is all how we present it to the world. So that woman who seems to have it all together may not...so don't judge her! And that mom who looks like she is losing it...is in no way "less" than the other mom...she just deals different. Most of the time I am the mom who looks like I'm about to lose it haha I'm ok with that b/c I just remember "It won't be like this for long!" Before I know it potty training will be over and will be a distant memory (at least for a little while). This pregnancy will be over so soon and I don't wanna miss a minute!!!

No comments: