Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 of potty training was stressful and interesting but we had a little more success.

Tommi still insisted on no diapers. She did wake up wet which was to be expected. So with out going through a total play by play of the day here is what went on.

I discovered undies give Tommi the ok to pee. I do not understand it! So after 2 little accidents, she ran around in only a t-shirt till nap time. Basically due to the fact I didn't have time to get all her undies clean and I ran out of pairs for her to wear. Well as long as she had no undies on she did great! I brought the potty into the living room so it would be there to remind her. Plus she would not go back to the bathroom when I asked so I figured whatever lets bring it to her.

She sat on the potty alot so I was happy about that. When she went down for her nap I did put a diaper on her b/c she hates pull ups. But she woke up dry and peed in the potty a little bit after waking up! YAY!

Finally her undies were clean by this time and since she had just peed I figured she would be good. Well only minutes later she peed in her undies, I got her changed and into clothes to go to TJ's grandmas for dinner. We talked all about her telling me when she had to go and we would go quick so she didn't miss out on good play time with her cousin. Well while playing she had another accident, she did ask to go to the potty after that but it was too late. Thankfully I packed extra leggings just for this reason. After leaving we had to run to the grocery store and to get gas. In that time she never went in her undies. As soon as we got home we sat on the potty and she peed! I left her with only her dress on and she sat on the potty a bunch of times and did little pees...so she knows.

After a while Tommi was playing and came out from behind TJ's recliner crying, she said she had pooped and was tore up about it! I felt so bad for her. She was so upset. But I didn't make a big deal I cleaned her up and cleaned up the mess (which was in the top to her blocks so that made it much easier) I told her all she had to do was tell me and she seems to understand. This was the first time we have really talked about pooping so hopefully she will be better next time.

She succeeded the rest of the night with no accidents! Yay! So the key is NO undies. Hopefully she will get it and then we can start wearing clothes again haha. This would be easier in the summer when we don't have to bundle up to go outside.

So I guess in the long run things got better and she is understanding her body more. But I sure am worn out...with ups and downs all day of emptying pee and wiping her and cleaning up accidents (which were VERY minor today so mainly just on her and not the floor)

I would not recommend potty training at 8 months pregnant but I guess it is just how it works! We have dirtied 2 diapers in 2 days...I like the sound of that!

I'm just praying really hard this continues to get easier b/c I'm tired!

No comments: