Monday, December 12, 2011

Potty training?!?!

I'm about as shocked as they come that I am using the words potty training and Tommi in the same sentence.

So Tommi has been completely against potty training. To the point she says she is gonna show Monkey how to pee in the potty but she is gonna still wear diapers. If I ask if she wants to try on the potty she totally flips and does not want anything to do with it.

Well last night she was running around naked before her bath and peed a little on the floor. When we were waiting for the tub to fill up, I asked her if she want to try to pee on the potty. To my complete surprise she sat on her potty and PEED! I thought ok she did it but like all the other times she would not do it again for a while.

This morning she called and told Big Mama about her peeing so she could get her dollar. Then she decided she wanted to put on undies. I went with it and she didn't pee for the longest time...we even made a quick VERY nervous trip to the grocery store and post office. I asked her a bunch of times if she had to go and she refused saying she didn't. When we got home I got her to sit on the potty for all of a few seconds then she was off to watch her daily Barney (Yeah never thought I would say my child watches it but she loves it) anyway, while watching Barney she stood up and had a puddle under her. She kept telling me sorry and HATED being wet. So I cleaned it up and changed her into a new pair of undies (she insisted to keep wearing undies)

Nap time came and I put her diaper over her undies in case she went while sleeping. She woke up totally dry and asked to go to the potty. And she actually went!!! She was super excited! Then a couple hours later we were making dinner and I noticed a wet spot on her undies. She had accidentally gone a little and didn't tell me. So we changed her yet again into new undies. After dinner we headed out to TJ's volleyball game and I put a pull up over her undies just in case during the car ride. We got to the YMCA and I tried sitting her on the potty to see how it went, she didn't go. She then started playing with one of her friends at the game. I asked her every time I could if she needed to go and she said no. But after a bit I checked and she had gone, so I took her to the potty to take her undies off b/c I didn't want her sitting in wet pants. She was mad I made her stop playing so that is why she didn't want to tell me she had to go or that she had went.

We went to Walmart afterwards...yeah we like to push limits...but we had to go to get her more undies b/c she is gonna keep this up 3 pair is not enough. She was SO excited to pick out new "big girl undies". I asked her while we were shopping if she needed to go and to my surprise she said yes. So we went and sat on the yucky public toilet...but SHE WENT! Yay!

Thankfully I had thrown the other 2 pair of undies in the washer before we left so I got those dry as fast as I could b/c she was panicked she didn't have any to wear when we got home.

So before bed she tried to go one more time but couldn't go. So she went to bed with a diaper over her undies. Lets see how tonight goes. I can for see being called for ALOT so she can try and go potty. But I guess we will see.

Honestly as much as I've been stressing her resistance I am NOT ready for this now. I'm due in 5 weeks and do not really have the energy for this but I'm not gonna stop her b/c maybe it will work out well. I just hope if this is a success that she will not regress when Monkey comes.

So I guess only time will tell...

1 comment:

mallory said...

That sounds like a VERY good start. I'd bet you she will be fully trained in a couple weeks. Honestly, potty trainig with a newborn isn't all that bad bc they sleep so much. I say go for it and get the hardest part done now and I bet she will be almost accident free when the baby comes. Go Tommi!