Thursday, December 22, 2011

DO NOT...

...asses the size of someones baby...esp to her face when she is 9 months pregnant.

I had 2 different people today ask me how big the drs thought the baby was. Based on the u/s we had last month and the e-mails I get I am assuming she is about 6 lbs so that is what I say. At 32 weeks she was 4.5 lbs so 6 lbs sounds right 4 weeks later.

So I am saying she is about 6 lbs and should be around 8 lbs (at 40 weeks) give or take an ounce or so. Well both of these women kinda got big eyed and said (not in a mean way) something about carrying a big baby.

Think into this ladies...my first baby was 7 lbs 7 ozes (so about 7 and a half pounds) and usually 2nd, 3rd, etc. babies are bigger than the one before if carried to the same point. Plus I was an ounce off from being 8 lbs and TJ was 2 ounces off from being 8 lbs. So it is pretty expected I will have at least close to an 8 pounder if not right on.

I honestly would rather give birth to an 8 lbs baby than a 6 lbs baby. Little babies "scare" me! haha The average baby at full-term is 7.5 lbs so I'm pretty average with the size of my babies!

Today has been a VERY emotional one...honestly the silliest thing got me going and I couldn't snap out of it for a while. But that is life for now...I'd rather deal with a day of not feeling well emotionally than physically not feeling well.

All the Christmas' start tomorrow evening with our Christmas at TJ's grandparents house...Tommi's first words this morning were "Is it Christmas?" Then this evening she was talking all about Christmas and telling me "I love Christmas!"

Oh yeah...This morning when I woke Tommi up to go to TJ's aunts house, she was having a fit about something. So I told her if she didn't behave I was gonna give all her presents to some other kid who was acting right. She got serious and said "Give my toys to Titus, he will share with me!" NO WAY!!! She is too stinkin smart!!! All I could do was laugh and move on.

No comments: