Sunday, December 18, 2011

Really?!?!

So we had our church Christmas dinner tonight. Which was VERY interesting to say the least. Tommi told me she had to pee but when we went the little potty seat thing I had bought her was not wanting to stay on the seat right while I pulled Tommi's dress up and put her on it. So it would pitch her legs when I put her on the potty. Finally I got it right and even then she acted like she didn't have to pee. She told me again and I tried to bargain with her to sit on it but she was not having it. I could tell she really did have to go. So I finally went to the car and got her "car potty" and brought it in for her to pee in. Which she did a bunch! She really had to go...poor thing. But I'm glad she held it. I am thinking I may just have to start carrying the "car potty" with me if we go into public places so I know for sure she is comfortable and will not make a million trips to the bathroom.

But potty training is going great! Tommi does SO well telling us when she has to go. I rarely have to ask her unless I really need her to go (i.e. when we are leaving to go somewhere or at naptime) Poop is still a work in progress...we had another accident today. But that will come in time!

I did tell Tommi since she has done so good and we are so proud of her she can get the Ariel swimming doll at Target next time we go. But the bike and piano are on hold till she will poop in the potty also. She told me "Mommy you're the best!" That might have been worth it all. She LOVES hearing how proud people are of her :) It is really cute to see the pride in her face when we talk about her being a big girl!

So in pregnancy news...While in the bathroom at church I had a few people ask when I'm due again or how much longer. Well one lady asked and I said "I'm due in 4 weeks!" She said "I doubt you will make it 4 more weeks...I was never that big with my kids." She has 4 grown-up children...so I am thinking she probably doesn't remember b/c I don't think I'm THAT big. I mean I look close to the end but wow I don't look like I'm gonna pop...well I don't think I do.

But it did get me thinking if I were to go early I do not have things packed and ready. I just have my mind set that I have a full 4 weeks left but that may not be the case. I need to at least have majority of my bag packed. So I guess I need to get crackin on that just so I don't feel unprepared.

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow! How crazy!!!!

No comments: