Thursday, December 22, 2011

Potty talk...

One of these days I will finally stop talking all about potty training but I like to document all this b/c it will be fun to look back on and remember surviving it b/c there have been times I swore I was not gonna make it.

Today we had a pee accident...but I think she did it b/c I was not paying attention to her and honestly she wanted to be naked! haha She laughed about it then started saying sorry. I told her it is fine but I just want her to be able to get her bike and piano...since I flipped it on her and me wanting the same thing she wants I think she felt like I was not mad just disappointed. But I still think it was a learning fluke. Hey 99% of the time she does go in the potty so I'm happy and no accidents while "out" in almost 2 weeks so I'm happy!

Tommi did great this morning when she stayed with TJ's aunt. She told her when she had to go and was great! Yay!!!

She pooped in the potty today too and none in her undies! When we were at TJ's grandmas for dinner she kept grabbing her butt like she had to go. So finally she told me she had to go poop...so we rushed to the toilet and she pooped like a quarter size turd. She said she was done but I just don't think she liked that her feet didn't touch the ground. I asked her needed to go home and use her froggie potty. She said yes...so I kept a close eye on her while we cleaned up then headed home. When we got home she pooped at least 6 different times in her potty just little poops at a time. I wish she would have just gotten it all out but at least she is not doing it in her undies. So poop has been a success and I'm SO happy!!!

I have debated what potty I'm gonna bring to my moms b/c Tommi really does love her blue potty but I'm thinking since she will only poop in her froggie potty as of now I am gonna bring that one and not try to force anything new on her until she is confident about going.

She still makes me wait in the hall while she poops which cracks me up. This evening I refused to go out b/c I thought she was trying to mess with me and put off going to bed by saying she had to go. So I just "hid" my face with a book. That worked thank goodness.

I love her and am finally feeling the "relief" of having a potty trained toddler. I'm less nervous about it these days and love the lack of diaper changes and worrying about having diapers with me every moment. The change of clothes I put in her diaper bag last Thursday is still there un-used so that is pretty awesome!

The booty shake...she REALLY enjoys being naked!! :)

No comments: