Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sick big sister...

So I officially went into labor at one of the worst times...God knows best but I still wonder how this was the best. But I do trust him!

Thursday morning my mom had to take Tommi to the dr b/c her eyes were puffy and she was running a fever. So we wanted to see what was up. Well come to find out what I thought was probably some sort of allergic reaction or something simple was an ear infection and strep...both firsts for my little gal.

So this meant antibiotics and no visiting mommy and monkey sister in the hospital! My heart was seriously torn out of my chest...I was a mess! I dreamed of the day my girls would meet and how it would be in the hospital and never in my wildest dreams did I think my big girl would not be able to meet her little sister.

Thankfully I have the most amazing mother who took Tommi on and nursed her back to health as close to as well as I could as possible ;) No one can do it like the actual mommy hehe

So Thursday was kinda a blur for me. Tommi did get to come to the hospital and visit me in the waiting room...we took Miley to the nursery and then changed clothes before picking her back up. So I got to see Tommi and love her! She was REALLY sick and I hated not being with her! But we did survive.

Friday we were released from the hospital but I made sure to talk to the pediatrician before bringing Miley home to a sick big sister. He said basically lots of hand washing and trying to stay out of faces. He said all we can do is the best we can, babies have been coming home to sick siblings for years.

So we were able to have our girls meet on Friday...I wish I had it on video! Tommi was instantly in love and all about her sister! It was amazing!

The next couple days were tough keeping hands washed and Tommi away from Mileys face as much as we could. I didn't' expect her to be SO in love with her..esp since she was not feeling the best still.

Well Tommi has now recovered nicely and is doing great! Thank you Jesus for healthy kids! Miley did not get sick and that is the MOST amazing blessing ever! I can not be more thankful!

We are still battling with meds twice a day till Saturday but every dose is one less that we have to do!

I tell this all with the best memory I can...b/c a newborn and a sick toddler leaves little room for other thoughts.

I have no idea how we could have done it with out my mom...I can not express how thankful I am for her dealing with lack of sleep and a sick toddler (who is not good when she is sick...she is mean!) I honestly hope I can be half the mom my mom was and is when my girls have kids!

No comments: