Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I do and don't...

I want to go into labor and have this baby SO bad but then again after a day like today I don't.

Tommi woke up with a fever of 102 so I gave her some Tylenol thinking ok she is fighting something but will be ok. But then while sitting at the drs office I noticed her eyes were swollen...right above her eyelids/below her eyebrows. So she couldn't open her eyes totally. I let it slide thinking ok it has something to do with not feeling well. But they seemed to get worse as the day went on.

She didn't eat much today at all. Like maybe 2 chicken nuggets at chick-fil-a and some pretzels. Then a bunch of blueberries this evening.

Well I talked to my mom who I trust with helping TJ and me make judgement calls on what is worth worrying over. She said to wait until Tommi got up from her nap and if her eyes were not better to call the dr. Well the stinker slept from 2:30 till 5:45!! So the drs office was closed! But when she woke up her eyes looked even worse. They look almost like someone who had an allergic reaction to something and their face is swollen but for her it is just her eyes. Very weird. She says they do not itch or hurt and they are not red at all.

She is a bit off but I think she is battling some kind of cold...she has a fever and just feeling "off". But acts pretty normal, super cuddly and wants me but nothing weird. She is also sleepy...but I think again that is just part of the crud.

So as much as I want to be in labor I want it to hold off so she can get better! Ugh! I know others can take care of her but I like to be there for her when she needs me!

I gave her some benadryl before bed so hopefully that will help her eyes and I will not have to take her in tomorrow. But if they are not better in the morning I am taking her into the dr to get checked out. With the impending delivery I need to know what is going on so it doesn't get worse. If it is an allergic reaction I have no idea what could be causing it b/c she has had nothing new to eat and I'm not using anything new in the house.

Being a parent is hard!

1 comment:

Danielle Snider said...

you DID go into labor :) can't wait for the posts about new baby and big sis!