Friday, January 6, 2012

Tommi and 38 week appt

Well Tommi had her follow up this morning and her oxygen levels were 97...PRAISE THE LORD! So VERY good (a healthy child is about 100). Her lungs sounded clear...another praise! Her upper chest/lower throat still have crud, so they gave us some steroids to help treat the swelling in there and help make the cough less painful. It will not get rid of it, but will help it be less painful for her. The cough has to just run its course. So lots of fluids and keeping her comfy is all we can do otherwise. But I can not express how thankful I am for the better/good report.

She is still in need of major prayers b/c she is really not feeling good and the cough is so painful it breaks my heart. But God is good and I'm so thankful for the progress we have made so far! Definite answer to my prayers!!!

She keeps telling me "Mommy, I don't feel very good!" :( and whenever she feels a cough coming on she comes running or cuddles really close. But I think the mommy cuddles do help (*big smile*) I have to admit I really like having healing powers...or so she thinks.


I also had a drs appt, my 38 week appt...late in the 38th week. I saw Dr.S...who I don't really like. She is "rough" and just not my type.

But Monkey checked out good. Her head is down...low, her heartbeat is strong, and my belly is measuring right on track.

They asked if I wanted a pelvic exam...out of curiosity I said yes. I know it really doesn't mean that much, esp since I hardly made progress with Tommi till I was in labor. Well I was 1 to 2 cm (she said just enough to call it 2cm) and 70% effaced. So things are on there way...it could be tonight or a couple weeks. I am praying I can get my "big girl" better before the "little girl" comes. I also have a little more snuggle time I need to get in before I have to be shared :)

As I was leaving Dr.S stopped me and said "I'm on duty next Friday, if you haven't had baby by then would you want me to schedule an induction?" I told her "No, I'll just wait it out." But heck no is what I really wanted to say. Seriously? I will not even be at my due date, it is Friday the 13th, I want to go into labor naturally, and only God knows my baby girls perfect birthday. I think the dr was a bit shocked b/c when she asked if I was over it yet. I basically said I was b/c it was getting tough with a 2 year old and being this pregnant. But I'm almost 39 weeks pregnant few are not over it at this point...esp when they have another little one. I still am loving my pregnancy and I'm not "over it" per say but I am getting tired and kinda uncomfortable at times. Otherwise I feel really good.

Unless these braxton hicks get stronger and turn into real contractions, I have another appt next Wednesday, with Dr.N who I really like!

No comments: